A very nice and easy supper, steaming salmon (or any other fish to be honest) with plenty of spices and accompanying it with some boiled greens allows me to have a non-fuss healthy dinner with plenty of flavour. For more options, try adding other ingredients (red peppers, spinach, carrots to name a few) or varying the fish. Trout or cod would also be nice.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- juice from half a lime
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- green beans, to serve with
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut two pieces of foil and lay each salmon fillet in the middle.
- Drizzle with the sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Scatter the red chillies on top and add the spring onions and the celery slices.
- Wrap the foil around the filling so as to make a small parcel and make sure you crimp the edges and seal it properly.
- Lay on a baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest for another 5 minutes before opening on the plate and serving up with some freshly boiled greens.