I have to thank Paula from Spoons’n’Spades for this wonderful recipe. I had seen many recipes for chorizo muffins, but this one was extremely enticing. As with all muffins, combine the dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix them together but don’t over mix or you’ll get a very flat muffin. Sprinkle some thyme on top of these for added colour and flavour.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 80g butter, diced
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 200g mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- 6-8 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- Grease and line a muffin tray or use muffin cases.
- Add the flour and the paprika to a bowl and rub in the butter until well combined.
- Stir in the cheese, thyme and chorizo.
- Beat the egg with the milk and stir that one in too.
- Bake at 190 degree Celsius for about 20 minutes.
- Instead of cheddar, you can try and use Red Leicester for added oomph and a nice finishing colour (which, incidentally, matches the chorizo!)
3 thoughts on “Cheese & Chorizo Muffins”
Reblogged this on kahuna76.
I made these before work this morning and they were so DELICIOUS! (found the recipe by googling savoury muffins)
Thanks – can’t wait to explore the website and see what else you’ve made 🙂
Hi Jem! many thanks for your kind words, that’s really sweet of you. Have fun exploring my blog! 🙂